Indiana Std Testing
Sexually transmitted disease is a growing problem in Indiana. Each year thousands of people become infected. What makes this a growing menace is that many people that are infected with an STD are not aware of it. That’s because many sexually transmitted diseases have mild or no discernable symptoms until they begin to devastate the body. If you live in Indiana and are sexually active, the only way to know for certain whether or not you have an STD is to get tested. Even if you have only had one sex partner there’s still a chance that you may have been infected with an STD.
Fortunately there are many places throughout Indiana that offer convenient free or low cost STD testing. If you are too embarrassed to visit a testing site in person, there are organizations that will mail an STD test to you that you can use at home, mail in after you have used it and contact you with the result. These mail-in test make it possible and convenient for people to get tested no matter where in Indiana they live or how busy their schedule. These tests are easy to use, affordable and very accurate. They can test for a wide range of sexually transmitted diseases.
No matter your schedule, there are convenient testing locations you can use. Some of them are even open on the weekend. Many of them can provide you with your results the same day. There are a series of numbers you can call to find an STD testing center near you. You can call or contact them online to get either individual tests or a comprehensive 10-test panel. The tests can be conducted in as little as 5 minutes. These STD tests can check for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Genital Herpes, Hepatitis A
Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV, Oral Herpes and others STDs.
These testing sites protect your privacy by not putting the results on your medical records. This follows the HIPPA Privacy Rule as well as local and federal privacy guidelines. Should you test positive for an STD, some sites have medical professionals present to offer treatment options while others direct you to health care specialists close by. Tests approved by the Food and Drug Administration are available. Both the Indiana Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have stated that STD infections are on the rise in Indiana.
Low Cost STD Testing:
In digital era, there are number of sites which offer affordable STD testing and keeping the personal records very confidential. These sites not only provide low prices, they also offer promotional codes that can be used in the sites check out to get instant discounts.Even you can get discounts on the STD cost by using STD Test Express Promo Code, MyLabbox Coupon Code & Personalabs Coupon Code.
8 Things Every Person Needs to Know about STD Testing in Indiana
1) There is something called Risk Assessment. This is when they tend to be all up on your business. They are doing this for a reason. They are finding out the best prevention methods for someone in your situation. It is going to be difficult but be as transparent as you can be. The more they know, the more they can help you.
2) The window you need to pay attention to is the 4-week period. This is for 4th generation tests. A two-week period is for the 5th generation. You need to pay close attention these windows and how they affect you.
3) You will get a full panel done. This panel goes over every test known to man. It can take between 35-45 minutes. Please be patient. This is for your benefit.
4) Some clinics and hospital still use the oral approach. This takes between 20-35 minutes. This option is for those who do not like needles or other things of this nature.
5) Most will go through a finger prick test. This is pretty self-explanatory. This test is one of the more accurate ways to get tested. It takes between 20-35 minutes.
6) They will run tests for HVC/Hepatitis while you are there. It is standard procedure.
7) Indiana still does the STI testing too. This is when the run tests for STI infections. This includes tests for all of the Heps and Gonorrhea. These do not include blood swabs. The only one that does is the one for syphilis. There is no other way, so be prepared for it.
8) Did you engage in anal sex? You will get an anal pap smear. Do not worry. The people who do these tests have seen it all. There is no need to be shy here. These people are professionals and are looking out for you.
Indiana STD Statistics
These facts will guide you on the infection rate and will help you how important is getting tested for STD’s, As per The Indiana State Department of Public Health) the rate of STD’s in Indiana is increasing.
- HIV infection rate per 100,000 people: 7.6
- Syphilis infection per 100,000 people: 3.3
- Chlamydia infection rate per 100,000 people: 428.7
When compared to other states, Indian state might have low rates for various types of infections, for chlamydia there is a noticeable increase. Consider std testing if you live in Indian as it will give a better understanding of your present sexual health.